In the few weeks since NFT Emotes came out, the community has already released almost 150 different kinds of poses, actions, and dance moves, and the recent additional feature of making Emotes looped has only added on to the potential possibilities. Now, with the Metaverse Music Festival just around the corner, it’s the perfect time to start thinking about what Emotes you’d want to see stage-side—if ever there was a time for the ultimate dance battle, it will be during the Music Festival!
In order to help get that creative inspiration flowing, the Decentraland Foundation is holding a Music Festival Emote contest with some exciting prizes as an incentive, so you’d better open up Blender and start getting those avatars grooving!
What do you have to do to enter?
The contest is open to anyone. Just create, publish, and submit your best and most unique dancing/music festival-related Emote by filling out the official form: link
On the form you’ll be asked for your email, so you can be contacted if you’re chosen as a winner, and for the link to your Emote on the Marketplace. When publishing your Emote, you should also add the #MVMF22 tag to it in the Builder, more on that below.
The contest opens today, October 12 and will run until Monday, October 31, 2022 7AM UTC. Winners will be contacted shortly afterwards by email.
- Fluidity, Movement Quality of Emote
- WOW & FUN Factor
- Music Festival Use Case
1st Place: 800 MANA and the honor and bragging rights that come with being THE official Emote of Metaverse Music Festival 2022! This means that your Emote will be used in promotional materials for the Festival and will be featured during the four-day event, ensuring that lots of people see it and are driven to your Emote’s page in the Marketplace.
2nd-10th Place: 600 MANA
- Emotes must already be approved and published in the DCL marketplace by the contest deadline to qualify.
- Emotes must be dancing/music festival-related.
- Entrants may submit no more than 3 Emotes and may only claim one prize.
- By submitting an Emote in the competition Entrants give the Decentraland Foundation permission to use depictions of their Emotes in marketing materials and share them on social media.
- MANA prizes will only be deposited into the Creator’s wallet address linked to the Emote in the Marketplace.
- Submissions will only be accepted if they are sent in via the official contest application form before the deadline of October 31, 2022 7AM UTC.
Sam Hamilton, Decentraland Foundation Creative Director
Shibu, Decentraland Foundation Art Director
Isa Souza Gomes, Decentraland Foundation 3D Animator
PeanutButta, Decentraland Foundation Community Manager
A special Marketplace tag is being introduced as of today, for the special occasion of the Metaverse Music Festival! If you just add the #MVMF22 tag to your festival-themed Emote or Wearable, then your Item will be featured in a special tab of the Marketplace dedicated to the Festival. Be sure to add the tag before October 25 if you want your Item to be featured!
The theme of this year’s Metaverse Music Festival is Cyberpunk Meets Nature. What kind of flashy festival wear will we see on the dancefloor this year?
The Metaverse Music Festival will be four days of fun, dancing, partying, and diverse music from over 150+ global artists, all set in an amazing cyberpunk landscape being overrun by nature. It’s a musical experience you won’t want to miss so RSVP on the event page now!