TBH, there should be no reasons needed to gift someone. While Birthdays, Anniversaries, Success Celebrations, Friendship Day, Raksha Bandhan, Festivals, and more are the most ideal and commonly heard instances, I believe that just the thought of acknowledging someone’s role in your life can be a sufficient and valid occasion to send gifts.
On this note, tell me, have you ever googled ‘best gifts for friendship day’ or ‘useful gifts to give sister on raksha bandhan’ or ‘what to gift my wife for anniversary’? If yes, you now have an easy-to-do, pocket-friendly suggestion in bold! Gift Crypto!
On this note, we at WazirX are super elated to launch your most requested feature, ‘Crypto Gift Card’. With this feature in less than a minute, you can send WRX crypto gifts directly to your family, friends, colleagues, partner, or anyone with just a few clicks and swipes.
Hint: Raksha Bandhan is round the corner. Why not invest in your sister’s future this year? On the flip side, let’s break the bias and present the future to our brothers.
How can you use the ‘Crypto Gift Card’ feature on WazirX? How to Send a Crypto Gift Card?
To make crypto gifting easier for you, we have updated our Mobile and Web apps to support this feature. The process of creating and sending the crypto gift card is simple:
Step 1: On your WazirX Mobile/Web app, go to ‘Account Settings’ and click on ‘Gift Crypto’.
Step 2: This is the Gift Dashboard. Click on ‘SEND A GIFT ’. On this screen, you can also navigate to see your ‘Received’ and ‘Sent’ gifts.
Step 3: Select a Theme for your gift card. This is how the receiver will see it when he/she receives it. We have curated some creative and funky themes to suit various occasions. We will definitely add more soon. Have suggestions? Let us know in the comments below!
Step 4: Enter the quantity of WRX tokens you would like to gift. This WRX will be deducted from your WazirX wallet. In case you do not have sufficient WRX tokens in your wallet, you will have to buy them first. For ease of use, the INR equivalent of the WRX you are gifting will be automatically calculated and shown.
Step 5: Enter the email address of the person you wish to send the gift to. It is advisable to enter their WazirX registered email address so that they can claim the gift immediately. In case you are adding an email address that is not registered on WazirX, we will email the receiver that you have sent them a crypto gift card. They will have to first register on WazirX and then claim the gift.
You can also add a personalized message for the receiver at this step. This is optional. Once you are done, click on ‘NEXT’.
Step 6: Review your gift card details and click on ‘SEND GIFT’.
Step 7: Authenticate the transaction by entering the OTP sent to your registered mobile number.
Step 8: Done! Your friend/family/colleague will immediately get notified via email that he/she has received a gift from you. Once they claim the gift, you will receive an email about the same.
How to claim the received ‘Crypto Gift Card’?
You will have to have an account on WazirX to claim the gift card. You can claim your gift in any of these 3 ways:
- We will send you an email and notification. By clicking on the link mentioned in there, you will be redirected to a page where your gift card details will be visible.
- You can also claim your gift from within the WazirX app (web and mobile). Under your ‘Account Settings’, we will enable a nudge (New Gift Received) for unopened gifts.
- On the Gift Card dashboard of the WazirX app (web and mobile), you can click on ‘Received Gifts’ to claim your gift and view all received gifts.
Post this, you can:
Step 1: Click on ‘OPEN GIFT’.
Step 2: ACCEPT or REJECT this gift. The sender’s details with their message for you will be visible here. If you accept the gift, the WRX sent to you as a gift will be added to your WazirX wallet immediately.
Points to remember
- You must complete your KYC verification to send or receive a gift.
- This gifting feature is available only for Indian KYC verified users. Additionally, you cannot send gifts to foreign residents.
- The minimum value of the gift should be INR 50.
- You can send gifts only 4 times a month.
- You can send gifts worth INR 8,000 in a month.
- As a sender, you will receive notification emails when your gift is sent and claimed. Please check the sender’s email address before clicking on any link.
- As a receiver, you will receive notification emails when you receive a gift and also when you claim/reject it. Please check the sender’s email address before clicking on any link.
- Receivers have an option to reject gifts. When a receiver rejects a gift, the WRX deducted from the seller’s wallet will be added back to his/her wallet within 48 hours of cancellation.
If you have any feedback or suggestions regarding the Crypto Gift Card feature, do let us know in the comments below. We will be happy to hear.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the WazirX Crypto Gift Card feature free?
Yes! This feature will be available to all WazirX users for FREE on the web and mobile apps.
I sent the gift to the wrong email ID; what to do?
While canceling a gift after it is sent is not possible, in exceptional cases, you can reach out to our support team with your genuine concern. They will work it out for you. However, please note that, even in extreme cases, we can cancel the gift sent only it is not accepted yet.
I don’t know if the person I want to send the gift to is registered on WazirX or not. What to do?
That’s ok! While we suggest that a WazirX registered email ID is preferable, it is perfectly fine to send your crypto gift to someone not registered on WazirX. However, the receiver will be able to claim the gift only after he/she registers/opens an account on WazirX.
Someone has sent me a gift, and I don’t want it. What should I do?
As mentioned above, you can simply ‘Reject’ the gift with one click.
Which crypto can I gift through the WazirX gift card?
For now, you can gift WRX. We will soon add more cryptos and keep you informed.
Can I gift myself?
While self-love is great, gifting yourself via WazirX Crypto Gift Card is not allowed.
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrency is not a legal tender and is currently unregulated. Kindly ensure that you undertake sufficient risk assessment when trading cryptocurrencies as they are often subject to high price volatility. The information provided in this section doesn’t represent any investment advice or WazirX’s official position. WazirX reserves the right in its sole discretion to amend or change this blog post at any time and for any reasons without prior notice.