Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs) are often seen as the future of ownership for users since they have the potential to transform the way assets are recorded, validated, exchanged, and used.
NFT sales volume surged to $10.7 billion in the third quarter of 2021. In addition, Blockasset, a planned NFT collecting and marketplace platform for athletes, aims to expand the NFT market by leveraging Solana’s unique features to offer the advantages of NFTs to hundreds of millions of sports fans across the world.
Let’s get into understanding what blockassets are?
Blockassets: An introduction
Blockasset is a new-fangled technology platform that connects athletes and fans by offering real-world experiences, incentives, and one-of-a-kind digital collectibles.
Blockasset is a validated NFT ecosystem that connects athletes and their fans. Using our own NFT marketplace, blockchain NFT tickets, and blockchain NFT gaming, we use strategic partnerships with players, agents, and clubs to link them to fans.
Blockasset is built on the Metaplex protocol to lure professional athletes into the ecosystem. We offer unequaled real-life experiences and prizes tied to collector objects officially certified by the athletes themselves by working directly with sports players worldwide. We will be launching a token with staking, liquidity, and incentives in the near future.
Range of services provided by Blockassets
- Avatar creation: Users can construct their own Blockasset NFT avatar after registering on the platform.
- Marketplace: The Blockasset marketplace provides an open and transparent market for buying and selling NFTs with fast transactions and ultra-low costs, and the ability to enhance listings using $BLOCK tokens.
- Fiat Gateway: Blockasset’s fiat gateway enables individuals without a prior understanding of cryptography to purchase NFTs, allowing them to get exposure to their advantages.
- Collection page: Each user is given a sticker book that serves as an NFT display page for displaying their current NFT collections.
The platform will consist of three main components: a blockchain NFT (Non-Fungible-Token) marketplace – the ecosystem’s primary hub, an NFT ticketing facility, and an NFT gaming suite. Meanwhile, the components work together to form the Blockasset ecosystem, which provides fans and athletes with various touchpoints for virtual and real-world involvement.
Blockasset has evolved into more than merely an NFT platform, focusing on the power of play to gain gaming economies and how to use athlete exposure to enable wealth transfer and empower people with limited opportunities. The first NFT P2E game to include real-life soccer stars is Block Stars.
Perks associated with Blockasset
Being an NFT holder on the platform comes with a slew of benefits, including the following:
- Athlete access: NFT holders have access to unique social networks that include frequent athlete AMAs, exclusive video chats, and other benefits.
- Athlete content: NFT holders may express themselves and take on the role of the content creator by sharing ideas for the upcoming athlete video and having early access to unique content before anybody else.
- Athlete rewards: All NFT holders have the opportunity to win real-world prizes like meet and greet, merchandising, and event tickets. These are allocated depending on a lottery system’s outcomes.
Blockasset’s sports media division wants to gradually bring NFTs and their unique qualities to the athletic public via an easy, accessible platform that makes owning, utilizing, and trading NFTs simple. This will include athlete-packed YouTube clips, short films, documentaries, podcasts, and exclusive material to reach a large audience.
How does Blockasset work?
Through the unique qualities and possibilities of NFTs, Blockasset hopes to connect sports fans with their favorite sportspeople.
The program connects verified athletes with fans via an online platform and marketplace where fans can obtain NFT-based content from companies, athletes, and other suppliers.
Through a range of NFT-based goods, fans will be able to better connect with athletes and other renowned persons through Blockasset and join them as their careers and popularity expand.
To further stratify the way fans connect with athletes and their material, the platform offers the notion of three NFT levels (Legends, Moments, and Gaming).
Legends NFTs have fully authorized NFT collectibles created and backed by some of the greatest athletes in history, each with its benefits. Moments NFTs will be generated and distributed using the quality over quantity strategy, making them the primary collectible assets in the Blockasset ecosystem. Finally, Gaming NFTs assist in powering the economy of various current Play to Earn (P2E) sports games, elevating the fan experience to new heights.
Usage of Blockasset
- Users begin by designing their avatars. The avatar is a one-of-a-kind item with its rarity level and unique governance privileges that can be traded on the Blockasset exchange.
- Complete the onboarding process by creating a user profile. This might entail completing several chores such as purchasing an NFT, adding the avatar to other social media sites such as Facebook, etc.
- After joining up, users may start collecting NFTs by visiting a sticker book-style website. The page may look at all of their current collectibles or link to the marketplace to buy new NFTs using crypto or fiat.
- Vote, connect and interact. NFT holders get access to monthly lotteries, airdrops, and governance privileges while remaining related to their favorite athletes.
- Participate in the community. The platform serves as a gathering place for athlete fans to interact, communicate, and have fun while sharing their favorite athletes’ finest moments.
Blockasset expects that NFT artifacts and experiences can become as popular as traditional ones by lowering the entry barrier.
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrency is not a legal tender and is currently unregulated. Kindly ensure that you undertake sufficient risk assessment when trading cryptocurrencies as they are often subject to high price volatility. The information provided in this section doesn’t represent any investment advice or WazirX’s official position. WazirX reserves the right in its sole discretion to amend or change this blog post at any time and for any reasons without prior notice.